Nassau, the capital and largest city of the Bahamas, lies on the island of New Providence that may not be the largest island in the Bahamas, but it draws the country’s lion share of visitors. Founded as Charles Town in 1670, Nassau is a world-famous cruise port with its bustling harborfront of stately colonial buildings, and while many visitors to Nassau head to Paradise Island’s Atlantis resort, the . . .
If it’s unparalleled beauty, translucent turquoise waters, stretches of sandy beaches and a culture synonymous with paradise, look no further than the islands of French Polynesia.
The first stop on your quest for rest and relaxation is the idyllic island of Bora Bora. Located in the center of a lagoon, this . . .
Carnival Cruise Line – which has raised more than $ 16 million for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital over the past eight years and serves as its Official Celebration Partner – has been named the organization’s “Corporate Partner of the Year” for its outstanding support through innovative fundraising activities and engaging on-site events for patients.
The award was presented yesterday to Carnival President Christine Duffy by Richard Shadyac, . . .
You’ve booked your cruise and now it’s time to start thinking about what to pack. A little advance planning can go a long way to ensure a carefree voyage.
To help guide your packing, here is our Destination Specialists’ list of what to pack for your cruise. Note that it’s helpful to have booked your excursions beforehand so you have an idea of what you’ll be doing ashore.
Women’s Packing List
As you may know, Oceania Cruises has an elegant casual dress code. This simply means . . .
Image by the PhotoPhreak
How to Get More for Your Money at the Gas Pump
Gas prices have been spiraling out of control for months, and there is no end in sight. Increased gas prices do not just hit you when you fill up your tank though. Just think about it for a minute and you will realize how many other ways rising oil and gas prices will cost you. The price of airline travel and shipping services are likely to rise, as is the cost of many other goods as retailers are forced to pay more . . .
Carnival Elation came home a big winner on June 15 for Best Refurbished Ship (ocean-going) at the TravelAgeWest WAVE Awards. The ship underwent a multi-million dollar renovation in October 2017 that included the addition of 38 new staterooms, 98 balconies to existing staterooms, and a variety of popular and exciting food and beverage concepts. The ship now features:
- Guy’s Burger Joint: a free-of-charge poolside venue developed in partnership with Food Network personality Guy Fieri serving hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries enjoyed amidst a décor that celebrates the chef’s California roots and love of car culture.
- RedFrog Rum Bar: a poolside watering hole offering the quintessential Caribbean vacation vibe with refreshing Caribbean rum-based frozen drinks and beers, including Carnival’s own private label draught brew, ThirstyFrog Red.
- BlueIguana Cantina: a complimentary poolside Mexican eatery where guests can enjoy authentic freshly made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas, as well as an elaborate toppings and salsa bar.
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar: a fun and festive outdoor bar offering a laid-back Mexican-themed atmosphere and tequila-based frozen drinks and beers, perfect for chillin’ by the pool.
- Camp Ocean: a colorful marine-inspired play area designed for kids ages 2-11 that showcases the wonders of the sea through fun and engaging interiors and more than 200 ocean-themed activities, including arts and crafts, science-oriented programming, and more.
- New Staterooms and Enhancements: Thirty-eight staterooms have been added – two Grand Vista suites offering floor-to-ceiling windows, 22 junior suites, two scenic ocean view and 12 interior accommodations. Additionally, private verandahs have been added to 98 existing staterooms, creating spacious new 230-square-foot staterooms with balconies. All staterooms offer new island-inspired interiors with bright colors and soothing pastels inspired by Carnival Elation’s tropical itineraries.
- WaterWorks: Located on Verandah Deck, this expansive all-ages water park features an enclosed 300-foot-long Twister water slide full of exhilarating twists and turns, two 82-foot-long racing slides, and a splash zone for kids.
- Mini-Golf Course: A nine-hole miniature golf course has been relocated to Deck 14, providing a fun and relaxing pastime for families to enjoy in the fresh sea air.
Carnival is Jacksonville’s only year-round cruise ship offering four- and five-day cruises to The Bahamas featuring stops . . .
Alaska is known for its beautiful landscapes, fascinating culture and thrilling adventures. But one lesser-known aspect of Alaska is its scrumptious seafood and local fare that culinary travelers will love. Although there are many options near our ports, Oceania Cruises also offers unique excursions that invite you to experience Alaska’s fresh and rich cuisine.
Here are six culinary experiences you shouldn’t miss while you’re enjoying The Last Frontier:
Image by Timothy Wildey
Take Two On Cruise Travel Tips
Pay attention to the advice from frequent cruise travelers. They have seen it all and have the stories to tell. Using their guidance can make things a bit easier for an inexperienced cruiser. After all, no one wants any “surprises” to put a damper on your cruise enjoyment.
Got Your Paperwork?
Nothing is more frustrating that digging through your bags at airport security or customs on the way to your cruise. Have everything handy and . . .
This week, Carnival Cruise Line President Christine Duffy will have the privilege of enjoying a unique experience only a small number of business executives and community leaders get each year. She has been invited to participate in the Joint Civilian Orientation Conference (JCOC), the oldest and most prestigious public liaison program in the U.S. Department of Defense. Its mission is to increase public understanding of national defense by enabling American business . . .
Holland America Line and O, The Oprah Magazine announced today a three-day Girls’ Getaway cruise on Holland America Line’s newest ship, Nieuw Statendam, Jan. 30, 2019. Oprah Winfrey will embark on the cruise, joined by O, The Oprah Magazine Editor-at-Large Gayle King and other members of the magazine’s editorial staff, who will host special . . .